Friday, January 9, 2009

Olsen's Lookout, spectacular




The photos do it no justice, no justice at all. I do need a wide angle lens, but even that I dont think could have helped me here. Well, a polarizing filter would have gone a long way, but enough of that!

It was a spectacular view, and this gives you just a tiny taste of it. The visitors facilities map has the road up to Olsen's Lookout labeled as an 'unsealed road', but we really think it deserves the designation of '4WD trail'. Lucky for us, we are in our Land Rover, and have suitable recovery gear on board, in case of emergency.


After a (surprise!) challenging drive up, we discovered that it was after 4:30pm, and we had this gorgeous view to contemplate. So we set up the camp stove to enjoy a nice cuppa and snack before tackling the descent.

7 comments:

Barkfoot said...

Amazing views, all those trees for putting your hammock between, AND some rough roading in a Landy... I want to be there!

Young Werther said...

That's some view and great weather too.. BTW how come you've got internet up there?

Lavender said...

Barkfoot Youd love it Mate! And if you are nice and relaxed, the ride down will hurt less, LOL!

YW Oh, sorry, no internet up there, but youre just joking right? LOL Outside the cities, there aint much coverage, sad but true!

sandy said...

This looks like the scene I see from my back yard here in So Cal. I have hiked areas like this a lot and love it.

Lavender said...

Sandy Thats some backyard view, cool! I wish we had more time to hike this area, it was gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Great view! I'm peegreen with envy for you to have something like this there somewhere remotely close to your home. I love this rough unspoiled nature as far as the eye can see.

Lavender said...

Areeiro I also love the look of being unspolit, it is becoming so rare these days - and it makes the spirit at ease to see it. Someday I suppose all we will have left is the national parks...oh dear, Im getting too depressing - better just enjoy the moment, eh?