Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Summertime, and the nectar flows easy


The other day, (well, I say the other day, actually it was the day I wrote this, Sunday, to be painfully detailed about it), I woke up with "Summertime" going through my head. And as per usual with songs in my head, its dead on for whats going on around here.

The nectar from the Banksia Serratta has this Little Wattle Bird singing it too.

"Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high

Your daddy's rich
And your mamma's good lookin'
So hush little baby
Don't you cry

One of these mornings
You're going to rise up singing
Then you'll spread your wings
And you'll take to the sky"


~~~~~~~~~
Gershwin, from "Porgy & Bess" l935
~~~~~~~~~


Well, thats all I could remember of it. It felt great to belt that one out while making the coffee and filling The Most DH's lunchbox for work. With any luck, I can belt it out again when Im sipping sparkling peach wine in a hotel spa bath in Jindabyne on Xmas eve. (But that is the only part of the road trip the camera wont be at. Sorry Charlie!)

________________


WHY IS GOOGLE READER CRASHING MY COMPUTER OVER AND OVER?
I cant get out to visit your blogs, and that makes me cranky.

________________


HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT, Part I:
Seasons Greetings, to all who are so inclined. No matter what persuasion you are, I wish you all the very best of everything, not just at this time of year, but everyday. May 2009 bring each of us all that is necessary, and a nice bit more. Cheers!

HOLIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT, Part II:
I will be blogging in absentia untill possibly the 27th. Iam hoping to blog straight thru this hectic season by making great use of the 'scheduled post' feature. But if things go wrong with it, I may not. Or maybe I will be a day longer than I think and they will run out....in which case I will be on a holiday in the usual sense.....just FYI! No worries, Mates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling having a song in your head and can't get rid of it and for some reason finally it fits the situation you find yourself in. Maybe its a kind of musical vision (that sounds antagonistic, never mind - LOL). Love the wattle birds, do they live exclusively on nectar?