Thursday, July 12, 2007

Meme Madness 1


Ive been tagged for two memes this week. First by Louise of My Journey to Eliminate Debt for Eight Random things about myself....heres the deal:

1) Each player must post these rules first.
2) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3) Tagged people post their eight things and these rules.
4) End your post by 'tagging' eight new people to play.
5) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for these instructions.


So - here are eight random facts about me, drum roll please...


1) Iam Resplendent In Divergence. Its true, but its a borrowed phrase. Im curious if anyone reading this can name the song I borrowed it from. No prizes on offer for the correct guess other than a sense of satisfaction.


2) I hate talking on the telephone. I probally wouldnt even call an ambulance if my right arm fell off unexpectedly.


3) Although I always talk about my great love of birds, I actually see myself as a cat person. I have two cats, Aurora and Priapus. You'll meet them here one day.


4) I have 26 budgerigars (parakeets) at the moment.


5) On this blog I refer to my husband as "The Most DH", because he really is. Sometimes, you just get really really lucky in life.


6) I hate sports on television. I think sports are for playing, not sitting around on the lounge watching. Actually, Im not terribly excited by watching television full stop.


7) I love lentils, with garlic and a bay leaf.


8) I love children, with lemon pepper and capers.

Now, who shall I tag? Ive got to admitt that Im not sure a whole lot of my fave bloggers want to be tagged - so I will list some now, and owe you all the rest of the eight later. OK?

Jenny of Up the Hill Gang

Aoide at her blog on Tribe

Laughing Lawyer at Funniest Joke

Young Werther at Forlorn of Thee

15 comments:

Jenny said...

I hate talking on the phone too! And your #8 cracked me up! lol!! I'll work on my tag and try to get it up tomorrow!

Lavender said...

Glad you got a laugh! No worries on when to get it posted, I dont think there is a time limit on these things -(I SO HOPE NOT!) LOL

Louise said...

I hate the phone as well. I do anything to avoid it.

Lavender said...

Hi Louise! Now, that makes three of us, interesting, isnt it? I wonder how many other people feel the same? I hope they will leave a comment too.

Anonymous said...

Haven't even had a phone for about ten years! Never had a mobile :) No idea about what song you are talking about (but satisfied anyway) Haahaa. Everything here is like me except for number three and have my own 'DH' Husband (whatever that means). I might try that with the children, anything that will make them better
};-}

Anonymous said...

Finally! Finally another normal human being who dislikes making phonecalls.

Maybe we should make a bloggroll. LOL!

I do quite a lot to avaid being on the phone, including telling that it's a scandal people don't care about deaf people.

I like mail better, especially as I have things written down that way.

Lavender said...

Anon - Cool! I knew there was a reason I liked you, you know, besides Jack (cheeky me!)
Re: no #3 - I dont think they'd stand a chance against a Jack-attack hehehe!
We do have mobiles now, which is a bit cool, as people can send me 'text' messages - which are so much like email, they bother me not! :)

Lavender said...

Laane - Im beginning to think we COULD start a blogroll - "Bloggers Against Telephony" or BAT? (Im sure someone could think of a better one)
Thank you! We are beginning to add up to a bigger group than any of us thought :)

Ces Adorio said...

Very interesting Lavender. i don't know the song either. I never used to talk on the phone until recently. I think people use mobile phones a lot and most inappropriately. Birds and cats obviously mix well with you. I may try that with children too but perhaps some vinegar to tenderize the feisty one. I hope you have someone else call an ambulance for you when needed. :-)

Ces Adorio said...

Oh I almost forgot - Is the other cat's mother named Aphrodite? Is he a tense cat?

Lavender said...

Hi ya Ces!
My secret to cats & birds is, the birds live outside in the aviary, and the cats live inside the house.
I bet that arrangement sounds strange to everyone outside Australia! *

May I suggest Balsamic Vinegar? :)

Im not sure what his mothers name was, we got him from the pound. But, LOL, I dont think I have to tell you more ;] Clever Cookie!


* The birds are fine outside all year round in the Sydney area.
Cats outside anywhere in Oz always results in native species ending up as prey. So I keep mine inside - that doesnt mean they like it that way - but I do my best to make life 'on the inside' just as interesting.
(& yes, both cats are neutered, Thanks!)

SavingDiva said...

I can't believe you hate talking on the phone! My cellphone is permanently attached to my ear. I don't know what I would do without it.

Lavender said...

Hi SavingDiva - always good to hear from someone with an "opposing viewpoint"
More power to ya Sister! LOL

All joking aside - thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Young Werther said...

OK meme done..was hard but gave it a burl :-)

Lavender said...

Cheers Mate! See you over there