Ive been tagged again, this time for the 10 things I hate meme by Nick of Anything Goes!
I grumble alot, so this should be a piece of cake for me.
1) Slugs and Snails in the garden. Where did that blue tounge lizard go that used to keep these blighters in check? Is he coming back this spring? Or do I break down and buy some slug bait?
2) Nightly news & current affairs tv shows. Distressing, depressing, disgusting. Which reminds me. When I took journalisim in high school, they said you only report the facts: Who, What, Where, When & Why, and keep your own opinion out of it. I wonder how they teach it now?
3) Businesses with no customer service. Today marks two weeks Ive been waiting for an email from Fiskars Australia regarding replacement blades for my secateurs. TWO WEEKS and I still dont have an answer, or a hope of one. Three hardware stores couldnt tell me if Fiskars sells replacement blades. Fiskars says they do, but have to send me a code to take with me back to the hardware store, so they can order them from Fiskars. What a load of - used food! (All sorted out, Thank You Fiskars!)
4) Days when the numbness in my hands extends up my arms. I call them "flipper" days. Imagine a seal trying to make a cup of coffee, or answer emails. I am learning to handle frustration, its a humbling experience.
5) Idiots who set off fireworks in the night. It sends my birds into a panic. They take off at full speed and crash into the aviary wire. Usually they are killed instantly from injuries to thier skulls. Last night a hen broke a wing, and we are waiting for it to be time to go to the vet to have her put down. So will pass ChickChick, and for what good reason? None.
6) Teenagers who end every sentence with " but ".
7) The Australian Labour Party.
8) Doctors who make you wait an hour past your appointment time, and then rush you out like a leper.
9) Television commercials for feminine hygiene products. And shampoo. And, oh bother! TV commercials in general!
10) Tagging other people for memes! The link is always nice, but I always feel like Im sending a chain letter or something...let me know if you like being tagged!
Pictured budgie is ChickChick, from a happier moment last month.