Thursday, November 20, 2008

Remnant wilderness and imagine the garden...



Its these undeveloped remnants of bushland that I most adore. The way the gums strangle sandstone to stand proud leaves me feeling hopeful for my own struggles. I wish the whole world was still covered in green, instead of seas of houses and roads...but thats for another blog, another day.

Still, if one had to live here, I must admitt I covet this place:



Imagine the work that went into all that terracing! And imagine the garden I could create there....hmmm, thats a sweet daydream. I imagine that The Most DH has daydreams about being able to park the boat in the boat house too.

Must run, am supposed to be in two other places right now. Ha! Hope to catch up tonite!

5 comments:

Movie Snap Studio said...

I like the natural bushland but also like the terrace and the houses with balconies.

Melanie said...

I love it and I want it too. I wonder though ( as I do) who would get to the bottom of that steep hill quickest? The terrace guy or the steep run down like a madman guy next door? would that boathouse make the perfect studio?

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's very funny Melanie! I bet it would be the steep run down like a madman guy! Maybe not the healthiest way down there but definitely the quickest!
Its true, unchanged landscape has become very rare. Here around my city in Germany you cant walk more than a mile or two without seeing a house... Lucky you for Australia is still unchanged to large parts, although most of it is desert...

Barkfoot said...

There are no genuine unchanged wilderness areas left in Britain, it must be great to see the land as it was before interference.
I'd be happy to live in the boat house...

BetteJo said...

Wish I could see the garden ...