Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not Lazy - Up and Down the River



Motor to a good spot, drop lines, drift with the tide. Repeat.

Ive given up fishing. I never catch anything here in Oz, except gross and disgusting sea things. So I struggled with the Stubborn Old Cow Camera (Kodak DX6490) and wished Id dared to bring the Canon.

The weather may not have been nice, but since we were out on a Tuesday, we had the river pretty much to ourselves. (Some things about shift work really pay off for us.)

The last shot is my fave of these three. This stalwart sage speaks to me. I want to sit with this tree awhile, but no boat is sturdy enough to brave the rocks along the shore.

3 comments:

Barkfoot said...

Oooh! I'd like to kayak along that river. I can see why you like that tree, I'd scuff up my hull trying to get to that.
When I've got my good video camera with me on the water it sits safely in a little waterproof barrel, pops out for quick shots when it can, then is immediately tucked away dry again. This watertight container is attached to me via a lanyard. If the worst was to happen, at least they would know what I last looked at before I drowned!...

Anonymous said...

This tree looks like as its going to fall into the river any minute. Hope it will survive the next flood since it is so special to you...

Lavender said...

Barkfoot Oh yes, by kayak or canoe one could really explore... I much prefer them to a boat!
Thats a cool idea Mate, Im just still treating it with kid gloves as Ive never had such an expensive camera before - I need to get over it though, as that darned old kodak desperately needs a hammer! LOL

Areeiro It does look precariously perched, but I bet it would take a mightly flood indeed to bring it down....theyve got boulders clasped with thier roots - so amazing!!!!