Sunday, October 14, 2007

Budgie Sunday - Arguments

Ive observed that my budgies (parakeets) settle arguments by making themselves taller than thier opponent. Here's an example with Secondo & Goliath:




Secondo: "Yum Yum, lovely cool fresh celery leaves, life is good!"
Goliath: "Hey Mate, scoot over a bit so I can get some too."





Secondo: "No! Go get yerself stuffed elsewhere...Mate."
Goliath: "Oh, pull yer head in, theres plenty of room on this perch for...."





Secondo: "No, means No! So p*ss orf, pigeon! See, Im bigger than you are and Im gonna kick your tail now!"
Goliath: "Bring it on!"

Secondo then got even higher up on his toes, and then, much to his chagrin...




...he fell off the perch.

Goliath: "You 'right, Mate?"

12 comments:

Lavender said...

They may argue, but they dont hold a grudge...Happy Day Everybudgie!

Anonymous said...

Hhahhahhhaaa, very funny Lavender ;) Jack does this with ME! He always wins when he sits on my head because I can't get higher than that! Thanks for the action shots, it makes for a very funny story :)))

Lavender said...

Hahaha! Yes Anon it would be tough getting higher than ones own head - Smart Jack! Tehehe!

BetteJo said...

Too funny!

Lavender said...

BetteJo and even funnier is - its true!! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome looking bird.

Lavender said...

Thanks Mike C! Which one do you like better? Secondo (yellow one) or Goliath (blue and yellow)??
Tried to visit your site but couldnt get thru, will try again later, Cheers!

merlinprincesse said...

I laughted so loud that I think my neighbours are now awaken ... heheh. You could write a nice little story with that, Mauve Lady! Thanks for the Sunday Laugh! :)

Barkfoot said...

It was pretty ambitious of Secondo to try and out 'tall' Goliath.

Lavender said...

Merlinprincesse LOL! Im glad you got a good laugh, I love to make people laugh...and I think the budgies do too...Happy day!

Barkfoot Yeah! Good thing Goliath is such an easy-going bloke, otherwise......LOL!

Bevson said...

OMG. I laughed out loud! What a wonderful sequence you captured. You should submit some of your posts to the I and the Bird carnival.

Lavender said...

Bevson LOL Im so glad you enjoyed it, I couldnt believe my luck getting the whole thing on film! Especially as I was holding that celery, tehehe.
That cinches it, Ive been thinking about getting onto I and the bird for awhile now...perhaps I should just throw my hat in and see! Thanks Bevson!