Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pennisetum Advena Rubrum, Purple Fountain Grass


Purple Fountain Grass, Pennisetum Advena Rubrum. A fabulous specimen, and the plant that made official my love affair with grasses. I had managed to acquire a much longed for Miscanthus Zebrina last year, but its been rather dissappointing. I paid $26 for said Zebrina, and only $16 for the Purple Fountain. Get the Purple!

________
Things have been so busy lately that, when I go out in the morning, Ive been meeting myself coming back. Today I have a couple hours I can spend with the computer, although they are not all strung together. So I am attempting to post via the Installment Method, a sentence here and half a paragraph there - as time and brain cells allow.

Therefore, although there may be content here, it may best suit those with short attention spans. If you find yourself confused....Oh look! A possum!

_______
Iam still at a loss as to what to blog about. Still have the question looming in my mind about where I am going with all of this, but Thanks to you, I no longer wonder if there is any value in doing as I have done. (MWAH!) Thats been a gift to me. Id much rather entertain than well, bore, I suppose.

So, we might have a bit of a catch up in the garden photo-wise, but while I do that I may try to write more. Or I may not. Its very hard to say right now, what with the whole spinning around chasing my tail thing shortening my attention span. (Possums?)

There are literally hundreds of shots backlogged for culling and cropping and sorting - Oh My! I will have to either stop shooting (GASP!) or get on with the rather more tedious business of housekeeping (GROAN!) ...

_______
At that last ellipsis moment, as I was staring at 544 shots of Honey on a Plate in the Sun, The Most DH suggested we go for a ride. It took precisely one milliseconds consideration. "I will cancel my 3 o'clock." Soon we were off.

I brought along the camera of course, but we didnt go anywhere exciting or new or see sights that merited leaving the air conditioned Rover - except one.

I am working on two different series of photos behind this blog. They are more social commentary than fine art. Well, I guess that depends on what one considers - either, really. I only mention this as the shot I did get today makes an official start to the second series. Which is exciting for me, to come out of the conception phase and into the actual work.

So, garden shots! Here is a lovely, fresh shot of my Purple Fountain Grass. Shot from below to emphasize that glorious golden summer morning sun, before it got too hot to bear being outside. I love the lens flare I got from the angle, although it is hard to see at this size.

Enjoy your day! If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, I wish you warmth! For the Southern, cool!

6 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Blog because you love it Lavender. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing in blogland too but I have a few friends with who I exchange visits. That's worth it to me. I enjoy reading about other places and events through the eyes of real people, not the news media. Besides, I really enjoy your sense of humor. Thanks for blogging with me.

kj said...

lavender, i think you are beginning to share more of yourself on your blog and i always enjoy learning something about you.

i have this grass in my back yard too. not now though, unless it's happily swaying under two feet of snow.

:)

BetteJo said...

So we can picture Lavender laying on her back in the yard getting dirt in her hair to get this shot? Cool!

sandy said...

I enjoy anything you post, enjoy the post and the photos.

My Budgies of the fictional town of Budgewoi said...

yeah i love the light thru the grasses (and leaves) too. also love your writing, don't stop!
Bud.

"Сибирская экологическая компания", ООО said...

I enjoy anything you post, enjoy the post and the photos.
--
http://www.sibecolog.ru/