Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb 8th


Last week south of Sydney they had a heat wave, today it arrived here. Have the physical strength of melted wax. Spent the day languidly moving from task to task. Several times I donned a minimum amount of clothing to venture outside and mist the budgies. Immediately stripping off again once inside.

Survival is the name of the game today, I wonder how long we are in for.

__________
I do not know the name of this lovely rose, I bought it bare rooted and labelled 'Iceberg', which clearly, it is not. Ah well, shes pretty nonetheless.

6 comments:

BetteJo said...

Sounds nasty down there with all that heat. It's good you have the option to stay inside most of the time.
Beautiful rose too!

BetteJo said...

Here's a pic about the heat it's safe, I promise.

http://www.cutewithchris.com/2009/02/the-heat.html

PeaceLoveAndButterflies said...

Your photos are beautiful. It makes me crave for spring (I'm in Ohio, USA). I hope it cools down quickly for you!

Ces Adorio said...

Lavender, I think your heat wave is the same as ours here except we escape to the mall or stay at home in air-conditioning. Sometimes it is so hot that we can't swim in the pool because it's like being parboiled.

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. I would love to take care of you if I had the chance. I like acting as a friend's private nurse sometimes.

Young Werther said...

I was bad over the weekend.... dragged out the portable air conditioner.... and sat in front of the TV.

sandy said...

Beautiful bloom! Have you cooled down yet?