Saturday, September 5, 2009

No laughing matter





We had a quick tour of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park the other day. The weather was awful, but still we could not resist setting down to make a cup of coffee from our on-board facilities. We found a nice spot at Bobbin Head, and immediately we spotted a potential new friend.

While The Most DH got the water boiling, I introduced myself to this Laughing Kookaburra. He was in no mood for laughter as he was cold and wet, and certain that there would be no warm lizard for his lunch.

He was rather hoping we were planning on sizzling some sausages, and was a bit disgruntled to learn that there was nothing of the sort with us this trip. But still he did allow me to take plenty of photos, nice Chap!

5 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

He does have a smiley face, as if he's laughing at some private joke. Takes a lot to do that when you're cold and wet!

Unknown said...

How poor laughing kookaburra is, no time for laughter and so cold, he need a shelter to hang with. any way nice photograph it was great capture.

BetteJo said...

How big is he?

Unknown said...

How cute! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a kookaburra! Very nice. Even if the weather was terrible, I hope you had a lovely time anyway. :D

Barkfoot said...

They're such lovely looking birds. They sort of remind me of Kingfishers.