Sunday, August 24, 2008

Magellan takes the pain away for a bit


My most favourite budgie, Magellan, sat on an aching hand to chat and enjoy some spinach. While we were together I didnt feel any pain - isnt it great when a friend takes your mind off your troubles?

Ive had a gristle or two here about my neck injury causing me trouble with my hands, and as it progresses toward full blown myelopathy I had to give up my much loved art form of lampworking glass beads.

But wait, theres more! Turns out Ive got carpal tunnel as well! (LOLb * ) After months of waiting on the list for the test, I finally got the nerve conduction study done this week. Its severe in the right hand and moderate to severe in the left. Now, add in the arthritis and I have won a trifecta of some sort right? I mean, theres got to be some sort of prize for this, doesnt there?

I get so frustrated some times when my hands arent working - the pain gets bad, but you can work around that (you have to, cause the drugs are useless!) Its the not being able to do really simple things thats completely maddening and finds me chucking a wobbly every ten minutes.

At the end of September, I have a consult with a good (hand) surgeon. Iam worried that he wont want to operate due to my neck issues, but am desperate for any improvement he could offer... this will be a long month waiting.

Now, please - dont feel compelled to comment on this - I know the moment I hit the 'publish' button Im going to feel nauseous from sharing too much info...but I have decided that today is the day. Today I will find my resolve and begin to fight again.
Once more into the breach, dear friends!

* LOLb: Laughing out Loud, bitterly (Lets see if we can get LOLb going like LOL etc)

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope one way or another your pain will be relieved soon, it certainly dampens everything.

BetteJo said...

I didn't realize till right now how much I missed your budgies! Almost as much as I missed you while you were away. :)

Young Werther said...

Oh Lav, I'm so so sorry to read about your pains. Keeping you in my thoughts.

((Hugs))